I want to start off by saying I am sorry for being so inactive lately. There has been a lot going on in my life the past month basically and it has been extremely hard to find time to rest much less time to write. I am having health issues along with trying to finish up my sophomore year and I feel like I am starting go in circles. But today I found some time to sit down and write… FINALLY!
This post is exactly what it sounds like… it is all about who I am, what I am doing, and all the basic information about me. Since I am still new to blogging I thought you all deserved to get to know me a little better.
10 Facts about Me…
- I am a sophomore at Campbell University and Graduated from Southeast Guilford in 2015.
- I am majoring in elementary education and extending into math and special education.
- I am shy and quiet but once I get comfortable I am completely opposite.
- I love Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, Texas Roadhouse, and Olive Garden.
- I used to cheer but I still have a passion for it.
- I love music, but I don’t have time to watch TV or movies.
- Disney is my happiness.
- I am obsessed with elephants.
- I have trust issues.
- I love writing.
9 Facts about my Family…
- I still depend on my mom and dad.
- I have a big sister who is 6 years older than me.
- I have 6 first cousins.
- I am the 3rd youngest out of the first cousins.
- My maternal great-grandmother, maternal grandfather, maternal grandmother, and paternal grandmother are still alive and well.
- My 2 sets of aunts and uncles, my parents, my 6 cousins, and whoever else shows up goes to my maternal grandmother’s (Nana) house every Sunday.
- I go home every weekend to visit with my family.
- I don’t know what I would do without my family.
- I love my family unconditionally.
8 Facts about my Relationship…
- He is younger than me.
- I wear a promise ring that I received on our 1 year anniversary.
- He treats me with respect, love, and care.
- We will be together for 2 years on May 25, 2017.
- Distance has been the hardest.
- If/When we get married my initials won’t change.
- I get along well with his family and care about them very much.
- I met him through his little sister who is my best friend.
7 Facts about my Friends…
- I have very few friends and I am okay with that.
- I have 1 really close friend at Campbell who is always there for me no matter what is going on. She is always able to make me laugh when I am stressed, mad, upset, or about to cry. She even is okay when I rant/vent to her about all my problems and struggles in life.
- I have a “sisterhood” with four girls all bonded together through a cheer team.
- I have my best friend who I call my big sister who I met as my cheer coach in 2013. She has helped me through some of the hardest battles a person can face in their life.
- I have another friend who I tend to call my twin. She was there for me through 8th grade till now. We’ve grown apart these last few years but no matter what she is always there when I need her the most. Even when we haven’t talked in a while sometimes she knows I need here before I even tell her I do.
- I have another friend who is also included in the “sisterhood” of cheer. She is my lil. I don’t know what I would do without her. She makes me laugh, smile, cry, fear, and love. She has impacted my life probably just as much as I have impacted hers. I met my boyfriend through her and that was probably one of our worst fights. But that is okay now because she is still my lil and one day she might be my forever little sister. We have had our fair share of ups and downs but we’ve always been able to pull through together. We share amazing memories, numerous inside jokes and laughs, ultimate awkward moments, important talks, emotional support, quiet facial expressions, and everything in between. You are my greatest inspiration and my best friend.
- I am an introvert and social settings are sometimes overwhelming for me and the fact that my friends understand that I need time to myself (a lot) is very comforting.
6 Ways I Describe Society…
*These will be explained at a later date in another blog post*
5 Things I Value the Most…
- I value my spirituality. I am a Christian, but I am not perfect. Don’t tell me that God’s not real because I have seen his impact in my life on a daily basis. Just because you don’t believe doesn’t make it wrong for me to believe. Jesus died on the cross for my sins and one day I will go to him to be judged for my imperfections and I am not afraid.
- I value my family and friends and relationships. The impact on my life from these people have made all the differences for me to keep going and stay strong.
- I value children and the future of the world. I am in school to be an educator. But I don’t want to be just another teacher in the school system. I want to make a difference in a child’s life and impact our future. I want to make learning fun again. I want to help children like me figure out who they are before it is too late.
- I value respect, honesty, and trust. I value respect because that is how I was raised. We are to respect everyone and in return they will respect us too. I value honesty because being honest while it may be difficult is always better than lying because the truth is always told one way or another. I value trust because trust must be earned and trust can easily be broken. Trust is one thing that I value the most because how are you supposed to live if you never trust yourself, someone else, or the world around you. Without trust you cannot live and you most likely never leave the house.
- I value myself. I value my life, my happiness, and my future because I am the only one who is in charge of who I am and who I am going to be. The world may influence me but I make the final decisions.
4 Things you Wish you Knew Four Years Ago…
- You are going to be okay. You are stronger than you realize.
- Being popular never really is going to define who you are. So go sit with the kid that is alone even if that kid may not change your life; you can change their life.
- You don’t have to date yet. And the boy you are trying so hard to impress will probably mean nothing to you after graduation.
- High School isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. And it is no where close to being an East High Wildcat in High School Musical.
3 Strengths vs. Weaknesses…
- Creative vs. Easily Frustrated
- Organized vs. Inflexible
- Trustworthy vs. Indecisive
2 People you are Proud of for this week…
- Best friend at school
- Little Sister “Lil”
1 Thing you Wish you Could Change…
- Nothing I am grateful for my past, anxious about my future, and happy right now.